Thursday, February 2, 2017

Word-Count Wednesday 002

What am I working on?

I have started brainstorming for my narrative project. I'm trying to do something different, with different characters than I normally do. The exercise we did in class the other day about our memories really had me thinking. I tend to write a lot of characters who have VERY close friends. I love exploring that close friendship between people, and going through some memories the other day made me realize why and how that translates into my writing.

Crazy cool.

I have also been going back to the book I started writing over the summer. I am excited to hopefully work on it this weekend.

How do I feel about the process?

The writing process is painfully slow. I am in a very demanding Anatomy and Physiology class right now, so I am trying to keep on top of all of that work. I have also been out of town the last few weekends, so I feel like the time to write slips right through my fingers.

What am I reading now?

I started really getting into the Stephen King book for class. He is just such an interesting person and I really love the view he takes on writing.
I have also been exploring the blogs of my classmates. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the way life gets in the way of our art. It's not easy to write when we've got work/homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your narrative project. It's always good to try different approaches.

    ReplyDelete